Q. What can I expect in my first therapy session?
The first session is a time of getting to know one another and to begin to discuss your presenting issue. The first session is also the time when we both work toward determining if we are a good fit for working with one another or if a referral to a more appropriate therapist is needed. From there will begin to discuss and formulate your goals of therapy.
Q. Do you provide free consultations?
I do provide a free, brief phone consultation to provide basic information like fee's, locations and hours as well as to briefly discuss your reason for seeking therapy to ensure I am the right fit or if you may need a referral. This conversation normally does not exceed 10 minutes.
Q. Is therapy confidential?
Generally, there are laws that protect information that is shared between a client and his or her therapist. Information discussed in a therapy session is not disclosed without a clients written permission except under the following circumstances:
The relationship between therapist and a client is build on trust and a mutual understanding that shared information remains confidential. As your therapist, I am here to support you, educate you, and provide information that will help improve your situation and reach your therapy goals.
Q. How many sessions will I need?
Therapy can be a long or short term process. Some find that they are feeling better after just a few sessions while others find they require more sessions to treat more complex issues. However, on average clients will typically reach therapy goals within 5-10 sessions
Q. How can therapy help me?
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
Q. How do I schedule an appointment?
To schedule an appointment, click SCHEDULE at the top of this page.